The Capacity Building for European Capitals of Culture project invites you to its upcoming ENCATC Members Talk “Enhancing European and International Cooperation of European Capitals of Culture”, taking place on 25 March.
This latest ENCATC Members Talk is organised in support of the capacity building activities, namely Academy Camps, podcasts and webinars, delivered within the framework of the Capacity Building for European Capitals of Culture service contract under the auspices of the European Commission, with the aim of building capacity and promoting peer learning among the European Capitals of Culture (ECoC).
European and international cooperation is one of its key features for every European Capital of Culture. It covers a wide range of different thematic areas and related management tasks. In order to better respond to the specific needs of European Capitals of Culture regarding international cooperation, the ENCATC Members Talk will address the following themes:
- the added value of international cultural cooperation, highlighting the diversity of dimensions of cultural cooperation with key and relevant actors in the field of cooperation both in Europe and beyond;
- management of international cultural cooperation - communication, underlining the value of communication for wider international visibility of the ECoCs and their international outreach;
- management of international cultural cooperation - financing, to analyse how projects are designed and managed, illustrating EU funding opportunities, with contributions by international project managers.
The challenges faced by the ECoCs delivery teams are not exclusive to them; rather, they are a reality for the entire cultural sector. One of the objectives of this Members Talk is to share the knowledge of the multidisciplinary group of experts contributing to the Capacity Building for ECoCs project with the ECoCs delivery teams and stakeholders from the creative and cultural sectors.
Audiovisual materials and publications from the third Academy Camp organised on this topic are available online:
- Video summaries of the Academy Camps
- The podcast 'Capacity Building for European Capitals of Culture' featuring 5 experts;
- Other training materials and publications.
Title: Enhancing European and International Cooperation of European Capitals of Culture
Date: 25 March 2022
Time: 14:30-16:00 (CET)
About ENCATC Member Talks
The ENCATC Members Talks are a space for members and partners to learn and exchange about projects and topics of interest for ENCATC members. In this case, thanks to its involvement in this project, ENCATC offers its members and the wider public the opportunity to learn and exchange with high-level experts on the selected topics in order to increase their practical knowledge, improve their teaching, and deepen their research in this area.